Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker


Related image

The idea of fate confuses me. I don't really understand how something will happen no matter what you do. It just seems very unlikely. I think we're constantly making choices that lead to occurrences. We make so many decisions a day that it seems impossible that fate can find a way around it all. 

Awhile ago, I saw something called the Butterfly Effect, which doesn't exactly relate to fate but it makes sense to me. The idea is that a butterfly flapping its wings can cause a tornado on the other side of the world. Essentially, small changes can have large impacts. In my head, this connects with the thousands of tiny decisions we subconsciously make each day.

There are people I've met or things that have happened and it feels like it was meant to be but they're just a bunch of coincidences that had the ability to change everything. Thinking about it, there are reasons that can explain everything. For example, I met one of my closest friends a few years ago and it's honestly crazy that we happened to be at the same place at the same time when we met. I don't think it was fate though because we both made decisions that led us to be there. It's totally possible that one of us could've made a different choice and I would've never met him. 

Some coincidences seem surreal, like they were meant to happen and fate is playing a role. But I don't believe it is. Our lives are crazy, starting with all the choices we make every single day to the way they lead to huge coincidences that feel like they were meant to be. 

Comments

  1. I totally agree, I feel like life is completely incidental. There's this movie called "The Butterfly Effect" and it's one of my favorites movies ever so check it out sometime, it's pretty trippy AND it has ashton kutcher, an absolute king.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of a butterfly effect has always been intriguing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard of the butterfly affect but it is interesting to think about it in relation to destiny or fate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang bro, that's crazy interesting. I sort of think that our fate is determined by our choices if that makes sense? Like some things are meant to happen so we make choices to be there?? IDK.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Ancient Greek Heroes VS. Modern Day Heroes