Whats Important Depends On When By Heather Holick

Whats important to me really changes periodically. Yes, there are certain things that stay consistent such as family and friends but other then that it is constantly changing. Right now basketball is important to me. Basketball has given my a distraction from school and when

i'm playing it is like nothing else matters. It has also caused me to form some great friendships with people I wouldn't normally talk to. When my teammates and I are on the bus or watching a game we are constantly laughing. However, in a month when softball starts it will replace basketballs importance to me and become my new focus.

I'm not saying that things lose their importance simply because something else comes along. I'm saying that you have to know your priorities in your life during that specific time. For example, right now i'm sure school has its importance in all of our lives in one way or another but when school is over and summer begins other things will begin to prioritize over it until it starts again.

Family is forever which is why it will always have its importance to me, as well as my friends. In my opinion family and friends should always be prioritized over the things that change periodically in your life. My family and friends are always there for me and I can trust them with anything. I have had the some of the best moments of my life with them which is why they mean so much to me.

Whats important to you makes you who you are because those are the things/people you value the most. Prioritizing whats important to you will lead you to being happy.

Comments

  1. I also agree that family is everything and then other important things do come and go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough