My new Records by Elizabeth DeGasperis

On Christmas morning, I received a record player as a gift, along with Queen's Greatest Hits I & II as some starter records. Two weeks ago, in the absence of the rest of my family, my mother and I went for a girl's night out. We ate dinner together and saw Knives Out, which was one of the best movies of this year, in my opinion. Anyway, we had some time before the movie, so I decided to pay a visit to the CD Store in the Rockaway Mall. If you love vintage records, this is the place to be. I ended up buying an original first press copy of Pink Floyd's The Wall. I also befriended the owner, Ron. We talked about nothing but music for at least half an hour.  

Two weeks later I returned with my friend, Daniela. She picked up a record of California Dreamin' by The Mamas and the Papas and I bought two more Pink Floyd records: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn and A Saucerful of Secrets. This time we spent over an hour looking through the mountains of records and talking to the owner. He mentioned how the Sparta kids, in particular, have amazing taste in music, in his opinion. Needless to say, I am very proud to be a Sparta kid!

Pink Floyd's The Wall

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough