Netflix Show/Movie Reviews - Natalie Blaszak

Over the past few months of quarantine, I have watched tons and tons of shows and movies on Netflix. I usually run Netflix shows in the background while I am doing something else, so I get through them pretty fast. Here are some shows and movies that I have watched and my review of them:

1. All American
The only reason I got into this show was because my brother would be watching it while I was doing schoolwork, so I decided to give it a shot and I was not disappointed. This show is about a high schooler named Spencer James who is the star quarterback at South Crenshaw High. He is recruited by a man named Billy Baker who is the coach for Beverly High School. This show is full of drama (seeing as it is classified as a drama) and takes a look at what it is like to live in a neighborhood with gang violence and more. I would definitely recommend it.


2. Outer Banks
I feel like if you're a teenager and you haven't watched this show, you're a little behind. Outer Banks become a hit real quick. It is about a group of kids who are on a "treasure hunt" to find a sunken ship called the Royal Merchant that is said to hold 400 million dollars in gold. This show is super action packed and is really entertaining. Also, there are only 10 episodes so it is a very quick watch. If you haven't seen this show yet I would highly recommend watching.


3. All The Bright Places
I found this movie from one of my friends and decided to watch it. This romance/drama movie is about a girl named Violet and a guy named Finch who both struggle with issues in their past. They are assigned to work on a project together for school where they "wander" to find fun/cool places to visit. This movie points at aspects of mental health and although it doesn't necessarily have the happiest ending, I thought that it was a great movie and would recommend it.


4. Secret Obsession
A while ago, I saw a trailer for this movie and thought that it would be interesting, so I decided to watch. This movie is a thriller about a girl who is in a car accident and loses a lot of her memory. She tries to rebuild her life, but realizes that something is wrong when the pieces don't fit correctly. As I try my best not to spoil the whole plot of the story, I thought the movie was really good, especially because the main character is London from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I would 100% recommend this movie to anyone who likes intense thrillers.


5. The Society
This show popped up on my Netflix suggestions so I gave it a try and really liked it. It is a show about a group of kids who go on a field trip. However, the trip gets cancelled due to the weather and when they get back home, they realize everyone is gone and the entire town is empty. They struggle to maintain organization and survive as they remain longer in the parallel universe or world or whatever they are in. I liked this show a lot and would definitely recommend.


Comments

  1. Great recommendations! I did watch Outer Banks and really liked it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough