A New Perspective- By Sam Stankiewicz

Freshman year went well...looking back. I am a sophomore now, and the stress just doubled. In the moment I thought that Freshman year was tough, but so many things made this year worse. For one, I moved around in so many classes: moving up to honors in some, and changing to totally different electives. This carries me to my next point: where I stand socially. Because of my new classes, I don't have a terrible amount of friends in them. I also walk in new hallways in comparison to last year. I feel like a Freshman again...but I'm not. In addition to the last point, this year is definitely much harder academically. College is inching toward me like the iceberg to the Titanic in 1912. The pressure's on to perform well so colleges notice me, and I can be more successful when I get older. Referencing the graph below, Junior year is supposedly the hardest year in high school...great! I am not even appreciating and enjoying my "easiest" of the four years in school, instead I am looking twelve months ahead. All in all, Freshman year wasn't that bad, I am not appreciating Sophomore year, and I fear Junior year. I. am. a. mess. 



Image result for shy student clipartRelated image

Comments

  1. I can relate to everything in your blog. I was so excited this year because I had the mentality that this year was going to be the easiest, most stress-free year because we finally know the school and we don't have any big tests this year (like SAT). But boy was I in for a rude awakening. I have double the amount of homework this year and my sleep schedule is basically non existent (thank you coffee!). Anyways, I enjoyed reading your blog! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I feel the exact opposite. I have more classes with friends this year and I don't feel as much pressure academically as I did a couple months ago. I'm sure my opinion will change on this when the classes get progressively harder, but so far I don't feel like I'm actually in school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is me as well. With so many advanced classes I find myself not being able to see my friends as much or talk to them either. It is causing me to lose contact with them and I am forced to create new friends because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that we've just begun and you may find that it all gets a little easier once you're really in a groove.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough