New Beginnings by Liz Russo

Saying goodbye to summer is always hard to do- no more hot days by the pool, beach days with my friends, or seeing two of my sisters everyday because they left for college. To make the end of summer less painful, I try my best to look forward to things when school starts.
The first day of school is always exciting because you get to meet new people and teachers. There are some classes that I don't know many people in, but those are the classes I look forward to the most because it means meeting new people making new friends. I got very lucky last year because I really liked all of my teachers and based on the first few weeks of this year, I think I got super lucky again.

Other than classes, I can't wait for the others things in the fall. I'm on the high school soccer team and we have games and practices after school. This gives me something to do after school and have fun with before I have to come home and do homework. I also really enjoy the football games because cheering on the football team with other students is very exciting. Every football game is a different theme which makes dressing up for them and putting on face paint even more fun! Another fun thing to do in the fall is go apple picking. My mom loves to make homemade apple pie with the apples we bring home- it is so delicious.

When I get stressed over school work and begin to miss summer, I just remember all of the fun activities there are in the fall and realize its not so bad.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough