Procrastination, Relying on my Siblings, and the Beginning of School - By Jack Budofsky

     People always ask me whether I like being a triplet, to which I always respond, "I don't know, what's it like to not be a triplet?" And that's mostly how I feel- its hard for me to say how I feel about being a triplet because I'll never not be one. That said, there are a few things, good and bad, that I know are different about being a twin or triplet. One of the biggest things is that I can often rely on my siblings to remember things for me. I'm a very lazy person, so I have always taken advantage of this, especially when it comes to remembering homework or to study for a test. You would think this would cause some problems, but it really hasn't for me, at least, not until this year. This year I have a different history class than both of my siblings and it's already given me problems. Just in this first month I've forgotten what feels like ten homeworks, including one just yesterday, and I've studied for a non-existant test because I heard my siblings talking about one that they had. I don't know if this is just a problem or a twin/triplet thing? Probably the former, but I don't think I'll get an answer because I've posted this so late.
     Which brings me to my other point: I have a procratination problem. In addition to writing this blog post literally hours before it is due, I wrote almost an entire three-page english essay the day before it was due, and I finished the book that the essay was about two days before that. So far, this hasn't caused too many problems, but it along with my reliance problem makes me terrified for junior year and SATs. The good news for me is that in the past, I've worked out these problems by the end of the first marking period and if this year goes anything like last year, I'll have everything worked out by the time it starts to matter more. For now, though, it adds to the chaos of my first few months of the school year. Now exuse me while I ask my sister to read over this.
Luca, reading over this post while simutaneously working on her own

Comments

  1. I am not entirely innocent of doing the exact same thing but it was still funny watching you realize that you didn't actually have that quiz the next day. Also thanks for posting such a super flattering picture of me, even after I read your blog post. (I will still complain despite having proposed you use it in the first place)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you studied for a test you didn't' have....that part cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough