School Events to (or not to) Look Forward to by Elizabeth DeGasperis

          It is not that I waited until the last minute to finish my blog post, it's just I'm indecisive and become bored all too easily. I digress. Though the first month of school has finally concluded, I find there are still numerous events to look forward to - namely the scheduled choir festivals, the concerts, and the spring musical. Although I am quite passionate about the academic classes I am currently in, I would much prefer to be up on a stage as opposed to writing an essay. (Sorry, Mrs. Kopp, I hope you can forgive me). 
          There are not enough words in the English language to describe just how must anything remotely related to music/theatre means to me. I feel I would not have been able to find my niche without these activities. Before joining arts extracurriculars, I was lost. I had just returned to a brick-and-mortar school without the friends I had lost touch with. However, joining the choir made my high school experience take a turn for the better. I met new friends, reunited with faces I had previously lost touch with, and finally found where I belonged. The music festivals are my favorite part about being in the choir. I enjoy having the opportunity to perform with friends and attend the most enlightening workshops. What better way to spend a day?
          As far as what I am not looking forward to, not many specific events come to mind other than NJSLA testing and the PSAT. In all honesty, stress itself is stressing me out. Unlike many others, I do not mind homework or "boring" material. I usually find a way to see the value of whatever I am taught. The problem is, I am an ultra-perfectionist and if every answer is not exactly the way I want it to be, I will fall apart. I often spend way too much time perfecting an answer that should only take five minutes. (That is exactly what happened with this blogpost). Anyway, I hope all of you reading this have an amazing year and please remember to take some time to do something you enjoy so you don't drive yourself insane.
Shacappella, along with the legendary god of a cappella, Deke Sharon

Comments

  1. first of all, I really want to tell you that I love your informal writing style, and secondly I totally can relate to the perfectionist thing. I actually just uploaded my blog too, mostly because I was discouraged because of being asked about it by guidance, but I needed time to think, and to perfect what I wanted to say. It seems better to have posted at the end of the month anyway, having formed more of a thought about the beginning of the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS i think you're incredibly talented with your voice. i remember even back in elementary school you had a passion for music and performing arts!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Your post was amazing!

      Delete
  2. Don't worry - I'd rather be on stage instead of grading over 100 papers : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough