Sophomore Year by Lucas Rendina


       Going into freshman year, I was expecting it to be a lot harder than it was. Siblings and friends had told me that it would be very difficult, but sophomore and junior year would be worse. However, I probably had more to do in 8th grade than 9th, and never struggled too much with anything except finals. I was expecting this year to have a little more work and some harder classes, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I was incredibly unprepared when school started, thinking we would get eased into the classes. Within the first 2 weeks of school starting, I had taken 4 tests and was rushing to make up summer work I didn't do. My grades dropped from what I had last year and I haven't done anything about it. A big issue I had last year was not ever sleeping enough. I would always be tired and always be sleeping in class. This year I was hoping to change that, but I still can't fall asleep before 11:30. Now that my brother drives me to school I can sleep in a little more, but not significantly and I still am sleep deprived. I was a little excited to learn how to drive entering sophomore year, as I turn 16 in December. I was surprised by how easy it was my first time driving, and driver's ed was pretty easy too. Being a sophomore hasn't been too bad so far, but I hope to stay on top of the school work as the year goes on.

Image result for waking up for school

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough