Sophomore Year So Far By Olivia Ekeland

 All I can say right now is yikes. I was in for such a rude awakening this year. My cousins told me that sophomore year was, by far, the easiest year. So, I went into the school year with that mentality that sophomore year was going to be the best year because we already basically know our way around the school and we don’t have any big tests this year (like SAT). I remember counting down the days until school started, until after the first week of school when I regretted wishing for it. Now, all I want is to go back to the stress-free summer days where I either spend time with the campers at Solid Rock, or relax on the beach with family and friends; not sitting behind a desk and staring at the sluggish clock, wondering what I’m going to have for dinner. I don’t even want to bring up my sleep schedule, and it’s only September. Despite all the complaining, there are a few pros of sophomore year so far.
Most of my closest friends aren’t in any of my core classes and while I wish they were because that would've been awesome, I have the opportunity to branch out and talk to new people. I also, thank goodness, found my history classroom because I remember last year I spent the entire last week of summer stressing out about not finding it. In addition, we are entering the time period where the weather is cooler, the colors are changing, and the nights are longer (which in my opinion, is the best time of year).
Sophomore year has its ups and downs. But I think it is safe to say that it is better than the excruciating year known as junior year.
This is a picture of my friend and I working at solid rock (and waiting in line for the candy store). 

Comments

  1. Enjoy it while it lasts. Junior year is quite rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's funny is that I have actually heard the opposite about sophomore year. I remember a few upperclassmen from last year say that sophomore year was the toughest. I really hope this year turns up for the best for the both of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of the same things about sophomore year being a lot easier, but so far it hasn't seemed to be that way at at all. There seems to be a lot more pressure on us, though maybe its just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll get through it!! I love that you can see the bright side in not having your closest friends in class with you and that you're open to branching out and making new friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough