A few poems by Luca Budofsky

Lately I've been paying more attention to lyrics in the music I listen to. Listening to how the writers weave their words together has really encouraged me to want to get better at writing myself, and so I've been trying to write more often. Here's some little poems I've written recently.

Frustration
The sky is electric blue
from a dimmed shelter of nighttime quarters
from one foot I rock
to the other in a cautioned tiptoe
circles around a weathered carpet
maddened joy
of cursed motivation
in the witching hour
of a burnt out mind

Deadline
Stress fills my head
As the minutes inch by
Blank paper white
And a head stuck in time
They say creative can't be rushed
And I know what they mean
But when creative's all you got
It might be forced to succeed
A pen dangles in my hand
Like an old man's cigar
As the sky twists to night
And I ponder who they are
Black ink fills a page
1000 inches tall
I'll say everything at one
And I'll say nothing at all

Image result for witches night
I would really like to know what exactly is happening in this picture but for the intent of these poems I say they're cursing  calculus. 

Comments

  1. Excellent job on these and I like that you were inspired to write from your music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poems were very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough