The Effect Of Wrestling On Time Management Skills- By Nick Hwang

It feels as if it were only last week that I was in school taking my finals at the end of my freshman year. Now, here it is four weeks into my sophomore year and I still don’t feel fully acclimated, whether it be procrastinating work or almost forgetting about homework that is due. It is only recently that I have been getting into after school activities, including lifting and captain’s practices for wrestling. Simultaneously, the quantity of work I have been receiving is starting to spike, giving me less time to procrastinate. Because of this decrease in free time, I am forced to budget my time better, usually getting my homework or studying done as soon as I get home.
Consequently, during the wrestling season, when the amount of free time I have is at its lowest, my grades have had a trend of being highest. Wrestling, being a very physically and mentally draining sport, makes me appreciate and crave sleep much more than I do during the summer. On the days of some away matches, I will not get home until around nine o’clock, and by this time I already want to go to bed. To make sure I can sleep as soon as I get home, I often go to great lengths to get my homework done, whether it be going to the library during lunch, working on the bus, or even doing some work after weigh-ins.
By managing my time better and getting to sleep earlier, I often find myself much more awake and energetic during the first few periods of school. This increase in sleep also allows my brain to function better, which has a positive affect on my attentiveness and my ability to learn. As a result of this, I usually have an easier time understanding concepts, so when it comes time for a quiz or test, I am usually better prepared. It is because of my limited free time during the wrestling season that I am able to have better time management, better sleep, and better grades.

Comments

  1. Wrestling truly does affect time management and also builds great character. Along with becoming extremely buff and fit through all the grueling physical and mental training. It's a very good sport also. Keep working hard. and stick with wrestling, your really good at it I've seen you in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time management is one of the most important skills you can learn and use now and into your adult life!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough