Unprepared for College and How Sports Help in School By Nate Miller

After a long summer break, almost no one is ready for school to start up again and they are mentally unprepared, but it is exciting to be able to meet their new teachers. Although it is only the start of sophomore year and there are two years left of high school, it is smart for students to start to look at what colleges they would like to go to and learn how hard they must work in order to get in. For example, I want to go to Penn State and I checked what the average student's GPA is in order to get in and the average is a 3.8 GPA through all of high school, which is pretty difficult, especially if you are not mentally prepared for all tests and quizzes. According to edsource.org, a survey states that 45% of all high school students feel positive about where they want to go to college and what career they want to pursue. This same survey also states that 87% of high school students eventually want to earn a college degree and land a career. Of the 45% of unsure students, I'm sure most of them aren't sure about how much effort it requires to get into a college in the first place. Although I was proud of my average GPA of freshman year, I know that there is still room for improvement and I have no idea what to expect going into sophomore year, but I know it's most definitely going to be harder than last year, and I feel like I am prepared for what's to come, but I still have to work super hard in order to do well. Also, I am part of the Sparta JV soccer team, so whenever I get bored or tired of school, I know that I can have something exciting to look forward to at the end of every day. Also, I found that it really helps to have friends to support you through high school and soccer has also made me feel more confident and it helps me build relationships with other people that I might not see in school. Overall, I feel that this year is going to be great and I know that with the support of my close friends, I will be able to get through this year with good grades and keep on track to go to Penn State.


Image result for Penn state
Image result for college unpreparedness percentage

Comments

  1. All the college stuff really is hard to think about. I'm sure you'll get in to Penn State. Also it's really good to have something to look forward such as a sport after school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough