Rocky's "Black" Friday - By Kayleigh Simpson('s dog)

Doggy Diary (By Rocky the dog)

November 28, 2019 (Thanksgiving)

  • Today is the best day of the year!!!  My mom has a bunch of people visiting who like to give me food.  I'm stuffed!

November 29, 2019 (Black Friday)
  • 9:00 am: My family just woke up.  I'm excited to spend the day with them, they're usually not home on Fridays.  The only problem is today is what they call "Black Friday" so I need to wait for them to get home from the stores.  That won't take too long...then I'll have my people all weekend long!!...and I can smell snow coming so maybe Monday too!
  • 10:30 am: Everyone is putting things into bags.  Wait a minute...maybe they aren't shopping and we're going on a trip!  I can't wait to go somewhere - hopefully someplace warm!  This is the best Friday ever!
  • 12:30 pm: We're all heading out to the car, I'm so excited!
  • 12:45 pm: I tried to hop in the car with my family but when I jumped in they told me to get out   :(  They just left.  Hopefully they will be home soon.

  • 4:00 pm: I'm starting to get hungry.  They should be back to feed me any minute now!
  • 4:30 pm: The man that lives next door just came in and gave me food.  I wonder where my people are!
  • 8:00 pm:   Hold on!  It has been dark for a while! I hope nothing happened to them.  Did they go on a trip without me?  I heard them talking about going to Philadelphia but normally when that happens I go to visit my dog cousins, Mac and Moose!  But they're in Florida...I guess that's why the neighbor came.  This is the worst Friday ever!!  Now I know why they call it Black Friday.  I think that my family has left me for good! Hopefully, when I wake up they will be back.

November 30, 2019 (Black Saturday)

  • 9:00 am:   The neighbor guy stopped by.  He told me I was a good boy...blah blah blah...Not good enough for my family to stay with me.....
  • 10:30 am:  Well I've filled my time with doing a full house inspection.  I have searched for every food wrapper I could find, I have sniffed all the laundry, and tried to get my paw under the refrigerator for that Cheerio I saw fall a couple weeks ago.  Still couldn't get it...maybe I'll try again later.  I need to take a nap.
  • 3:00 pm:  Had a nice long nap....made the pain of being deserted by my "family" go away.  I can't believe they left me on this long weekend.  My only hope is they come back today or tomorrow and the snow I sniffed out comes so I have them for Monday to make up for this nonsense!!  I wait all year for my days off with them and they're either doing a heck of a lot of shopping or they're having a grand time in Philadelphia - WITHOUT ME!
  • 6:00 pm:  I've really started to like this neighbor of mine. He used to just pet me.  He now feeds me, gives me lots of cookies, and throws the ball for me.  I have trained him well in a very short period of time.  I think I will make him my regular helper when my "family" goes away.
  • 8:00 pm:  Potty visit with the neighbor.  He said I was going to have a surprise tonight.  I can only hope it's my people.  I miss them and I know they miss me.  Don't get me wrong, it's been fun living without rules, but I want my people home!
  • 10:00 pm:  I hear the doorknob jingling!!! It's them! It's them! 
  • 10:30 pm: Apparently while my family was away they planned a party for me!!!!  I'm the luckiest dog ever! 



Comments

  1. this is the best thing i've ever read! I love Rocky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you wrote from the point of view of your dog. I think it's funny how you described his emotions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough