The Importance of Phones by Casey Coleman

Many older generations preach to people my age about how we spend to much time buried in our phones. I will have to admit I do understand where they are coming from. In certain situations such as family dinners, holidays, and other sociable events of that nature, we shouldn't be glued to our phones. However, after waking up at 5am, going to school for 7 hours, and then going to practice for 2 hours I think it's acceptable to relax a little. In this day in age, relaxing isn't reading a book, newspaper, or magazine for most people. For me, and for most people my age, relaxing is defined as watching Netflix, scrolling through Instagram, answering Snapchats, and/or laughing at TikToks. All of these activities are on our phones and although some expert can spit out all the data in the world about how our phones aren't good for us, this is how we have grown up and this is our world's new normal. I wouldn't say our phones, specifically social media, are stress-free but they are extremely important for our sanity as we go through middle school and high school.

Image result for people on phones laughing

Comments

  1. All I do is watch and laugh at tiktoks when I get home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But could reading something be entertaining?? Or have the phones changed that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough