Balance - Kayleigh Simpson

When thinking about what is important to me, it made me reflect on the last couple of years of my life and the choices I have made while in high school.  And while my path may not be for everyone, I am hoping that by sharing some of the most important things for me, I can help someone out in finding what's important to them.


Dear Student,
What I have found so far during my high school career is that if there is something you want to do, you can do it.  It has always been important to me to explore all of my interests.  However, many people will tell you that you have to choose one.  Sure, it may not be easy to balance all of your interests, but it can be done.  Entering high school, I decided not to decide on one single activity, but on all that interested me.  I joined the marching band, knowing it would be a handful in itself, but I wanted to play a sport too.  When discussing my idea to do both volleyball and band with my mom, she said, "why not?".  So that fall, I learned to balance 2 major activities.  I also decided to get involved with some clubs in school and continue Irish dancing.  Although it sometimes was exhausting, if you're willing to make some sacrifices (like not sleeping and giving up procrastination), you can take advantage of this time you have in high school to find the things that you enjoy the most.

It has also always been vital for me to have time with my friends and family.  I've found that by pursuing the things you genuinely enjoy, you meet people who have the same interests.  In my experience, these people have become my closest friends.

It's essential to find out what is important to you.  Personally, I found that having variety in my life is what's important to me.  I recommend to anyone to try to pursue all of your interests because you might just find what's most important to you in doing so.

Best of luck,
Kayleigh :)
Image result for balance scale

Comments

  1. Good for you! I know many kids would be scared to try it all, but you probably learned good lessons about balancing your time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough