Baseball - Adam Bova

One of the most important things in my life is baseball. It has always been my favorite thing to do. Someday, I hope to play it in college. Baseball and school definitely take up the majority of my time, and I feel that I should always put school first. However, putting school first doesn't mean I put less time into baseball. If I have to study for two hours for a test, then I'll still practice for an hour after. I might have more fun playing video games or going to hang out with my friends, but I know that the sacrifices I make for baseball are well worth it. There is no better feeling than stepping up to the plate and hitting a home run or stepping on the mound and striking somebody out. If I strike out, that just gives me more motivation to succeed. Just fighting for that one hit or that one throw is what makes the journey worth it.

Another reason why I love baseball is because it gives me a retreat from all of the other things that I have to do. When I'm on the field, I don't need to worry about what tests I have tomorrow, what test I just took today, or what homework I have to do. While I'm playing, the only thing I'm focused on is winning the game. Baseball is often referred to as, "a thinking man's game". This statement could not be more accurate. My mind always has to be focused on the game. I love baseball. It gives me a time to let go of stress and spend time with my friends. It is one of the most important things in my life, and I hope to be able to do it for as long as I can.

Image result for baseball

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough