Food By: Alexandra Gavioli

I feel kinda dumb saying this... but I love food. I grew up in a family where it revolves around almost everything. While eating breakfast we talk about dinner. What we are going to order at the new restaurant we are trying out. I was born into a family of foodies.

I think my love of food came from my dad's side of the family. My Dad got his love of food from my Grandma. She is every stereotype of an Italian grandmother you could think of. Almost forces food down your throat (in a loving way), short, and loves cooking. My particular favorite dish of hers is what we call "Hot Sauce". It sounds interesting, right? She makes spicy red sauce (from scratch of course) and spaghetti. Then she layers the sauce, spaghetti, mozzarella (pronounced muhtzedell) and repeats until at the top of the pan. I would try to explain to you how delicious this is but I simply cant. Because it's not just the flavors, it everything else that goes into it. Ever since I was little. my Grandma told me, "Sprinkle in a little love", and I swear I can taste it when she does. It doesn't taste the same when its not baked in that specific pan, when it's not in her oven, when she not giving it to me.

The reason why food is so great, so , important, so special, is because of the experience. Nowadays many people go to restaurants because of the aesthetic purpose, and the new different things they can do to their food. This makes complete sense to me because it almost doesn't matter what you are eating as long as you enjoy eating it. Overall I think that food is a masterpiece.  It can change your entire mood and an entire day. That's why eating bad food is a waste of time and a waste of an experience. Therefore, I recommend to everyone who reads this that they try to eat the foods that make them happy and happy after eating them.
Image result for italian flag

Comments

  1. As an Italian, I relate to this too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. italian heritage baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here - my big Italian family is always thinking about food. I'd like to try that Hot sauce recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough