My Sisters by Liz Russo

When I read the topic of this month's blog post- something important to you- it took me a moment to figure out what I wanted to write about. There's an abundance of things that are important to me- school, parents, sports, friends, pets. But I wanted to pick the most important; the three people I could never live without- my sisters.

Sure, it might sound cliche or like I'm making it up because who gets along with their siblings? I'm not saying it's all sunshine and rainbows all the time, we do get in fights. However, most of our fights last about five minutes and end in laughter. I am the youngest, so all of them have already lived through what I'm going through now. In a way I kind of see them all- Valerie, Samantha, and Caitlin- as my guide through life because they're always there for me with advice. 

My oldest sister, Valerie, has taught me the most about loving yourself. She is now a senior in college, but when she was in high school she didn't have the best group of friends. A lot of them made her feel bad about herself which caused her to become extremely insecure. I was too young at the time to realize, but the reasons she would come home crying from school was because of the toxic girls she called "friends". The summer before freshman year, she sat me down and made sure I had good friends before going into high school. 

The second oldest is my sister Samantha. She's been dating her boyfriend, Gianluca, for four years now and they're always together, so they are kind of like a package deal and I see him as my brother now. They have taught me to always appreciate the little things and to enjoy life. They are always bringing me on their "adventures" and I always have so much fun.

The sister I would say I'm the closest with is the third oldest, Caitlin. We used to share a room together (and fought the most) but now we get along the best. She is a senior in high school so we drive together everyday. I go to Caitlin for everything- from fashion advice to boys. She comes to me for everything too, and we usually have our longest and deepest talks in the car.

My three sisters- my three best friends- I could never live without. 

Comments

  1. This is so sweet! I admire the relationship you have with each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're all lucky to have each other! I can't believe I didn't teach any of them though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough