Something Important to Me- Desi Tsamadias

There are many things important to me in life... of course. Many people would say that the most important thing in their life is their family, friends, pets, jobs- and the list goes on. All of these things are important to me and should be to others, but there are some things that I believe are important that go deeper than simply relationships or material possessions. To me one of those things is Missions. When I say Missions, I mean bringing hope "to the ends of the Earth" by sharing Jesus and his Word. Whether it be here in the States, SouthEast Asia, Africa... everywhere. So far, I have been on "official" missions trips to 3 countries, but I plan on visiting many more for this purpose. I'm not saying one has to go far in order to share the Gospel, but love for travel and mission work has definitely been placed in me from a young age. It's important to me because I think about how much I take for granted living in a country where the Bible is so easily accessible and I can make Jesus known where I live without being hunted down and imprisoned or killed for it. I have heard many stories from missionaries who live in Papua New Guinea and Venezuela- they all say that people are "hungry" for the Bible and want to learn more. There is a real need for truth everywhere, and thankfully I live in a place where I am able to share my beliefs freely. The thought that there are still people who have not heard the good news of the Gospel shocks me every time I think about it. This is why it is such an important thing to me and should be to every follower of Jesus. There is also an element of missions that is caring for people physically, socially and spiritually which makes it important. This is important to me because it is important to God- he calls us to care for "the orphan and the widow". So, while there are many things that the world believes are crucial, important or valuable, there is something much more important to me: Jesus and his mission.


                                            Image result for global missions

Comments

  1. I think that's amazing that you go on Missions, it sounds like a great experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dedication to spreading the word and helping others is admirable! Keep it up - you're making a difference in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough