Sports- Alexa

When you think of sports, the idea of hard practices, impossible workouts, and not having any free time may come to mind. I cannot count the number of school dances, sleepovers with my friends, or even family events that I have missed due to my packed schedule. But I would truly not trade it for anything.

Playing softball, soccer, volleyball, and basketball over the course of my life has dramatically impacted my life and the person I am today. When I was around 6 years old in first grade, I met one of my best friends on my town soccer team. Originally, we only liked each other because we had the same name, Alexa, but continuing playing soccer with her for another 3 years really tightened our friendship. Later, I joined a travel team known as "The Shockers." Today, all 7 of my teammates from my third-grade soccer team have become my best friends and I don't know what I would do without every single one of them.

The sports I have played throughout my life have taught me numerous amount of skills that I am so grateful to have today. Determination, mental-toughness and time management are a few examples that come to mind. But overall, the friendships I have gained from playing sports is the most important.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough