Hibachi By: Olivia Enderle

Katie Groome and I birthdays are exactly one month apart this year, so we decided that we can have a joint birthday party 2 weeks from each of our birthdays. February 28th is exactly 2 weeks after February 14 and exactly 2 weeks before March 13 so we thought that date would be perfect. Katie and I aren't completely different, but we definitely don't have the exact same taste. But when we both happily agreed on hibachi for our birthday, I was surprised but excited. Going to hibachi on/for my birthday has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember. Being able to extend this tradition and to spend it with my best friends is exactly what I would want on my 16th birthday. I was actually really surprised that my parents would agree to this because I have thrown out the idea before but they were never really up for it. But Katie and I invited 18 of our friends to come which is so exciting. This is Katie's first time celebrating her birthday at hibachi, so I'm excited for her to have the dragon head when we sing happy birthday because I honestly don't know how she will react to it. Besides the actual food (more particularly the noodles), my favorite part of hibachi is when the chef goes around throwing veggies into everyone's mouth. Every year I never get the veggie in my mouth but hopefully, for my 16th I can finally catch it. I can't wait for the party and another year of life for so many more memories to come.

Post party: Hibachi ended up being one of the best birthday parties I've had. I was skeptical of 18 people being in my house but it ended up turning out great. Being able to have that many of my friends celebrate my birthday with me made it even more special.


Image result for hibachi

Comments

  1. This sounds like the perfect party to me! Love Hibachi!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough