I would like Quarantine to end by Luca Budofsky

Piles of clothing, books, papers, riddle the floor,
Obscuring the carpet,
Making the room feel tighter,
And the walls feel closer. 
I could clean once a day and it would still not prevent the inevitable reck. 

I must have sat in every place in this room,
From the desk, to the bed, to the carpet, 
To the few feet of exposed hardwood infront of the sliding closet doors. 
But no new location could bring new vigor to the digital worksheets that adorn my laptop screen.

The days are short, but insufferably long.
I stop every ten minutes to pursue a new task, 
I allow school work to drag late into the night,
and fall asleep in the early hours of the morning. 

In the day, the world feels idle.
But at night I can not help but entertain the anxieties avoided in the day's tasks.
A battle rages in the hospitals, and it will not be contained.
It is here already, and there is no foreseeable end.

I end each day scrolling through news articles and updates. 
And hope for normality to return.

Comments

  1. Love this poem! I think we're all ready for it to end! I'm hoping the weather warms up soon and we can start sitting outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Very creative! I want it to end, too. Hopefully it won't continue for too much longer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough