Coronacation - Natalie Blaszak

Over the course of the month and half that we have been in quarantine, I have actually accomplished a lot of things. From fixing up my room to painting my kitchen cabinets to making new clothes out of old clothes I haven't worn in years, I have been doing anything to escape boredom.
For a while, my mom and dad wanted to change the color of the cabinets in our kitchen to white, so my mom had bought paint to do it. She had been waiting for a time to do it, so over spring break, she asked me if I wanted to help her out and paint them with her. Since I had nothing better to do, I took a paint brush and started painting one side of the cabinets while she started on the opposite side. We started it near the end of spring break, so it took until after spring break to finish it, but we later sanded it and are waiting for the paint to cure so that we can wax it. Since my mom had all of this extra white paint, I decided that I would paint some of the furniture in my room. I had gotten a few pieces of furniture as "hand-me-downs," in a sense, from some of my family members, however the colors did not fit my room, so I wanted to paint them, and with the extra paint my mom had, I thought it was the best time.
When I'm not painting something, I'm usually on some social media, whether it be Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and/or Pinterest. Specifically Pinterest. I have been going through Pinterest nonstop looking for new things I could change or add to my room. It has been a great way for me to think of new ways to escape my boredom, while also doing something productive to add to my room and make it more cozy.
One thing that I started doing in the middle of quarantine was journaling my weeks. Every weekend, I try to write everything I did that week in a document so that in the future, I can read it and remember how it was during quarantine or I can share it with my kids if they ask about it. I have put in a lot of fun stories that have happened in the past month and a half or so and just random things that I have done during quarantine. It has been a good way to pass time, since I can just free write without any kind of guidelines.
Just one more thing out of the many things that I have been doing during quarantine is taking photos of anything around me. With all this free time, I have been able to just enjoy nature and look at all the birds and things around me and capture it in a photo. Part of it was for a photography project that I had, but a lot of it was also just for fun because photography is one thing that really brings me pleasure and makes me happy.


Comments

  1. Such great ways to occupy the time! I hope you took before and after pictures of the cabinets and the furniture! I love that stuff. I've been spending way too much time on pinterest too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough