Quarantine Cooking- Jolie Dottinger

Quarantine for all of us has consisted of a lot of boring days. Sometimes I go for walks, sometimes I spend all day doing school work, and honestly, sometimes I'm just sleeping through it. But, since I love food as much as my own dog, I wanted to share with you the foods I've been making. First, toward the beginning of quarantine, I found a healthy pancake recipe. Now don't get me wrong, I love good old fashion, sugary pancakes. But, I decided that I was going to try to eat a little healthier. As I was scrolling through Tik-Tok endlessly for hours I came across this recipe:
1 smashed banana
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
blend 1/2 cup of oats
optional: add chocolate chips
I'm going to be honest when I made these they definitely didn't turn out the way they did in the video. But, that's only because I made my pan too hot and the insides didn't cook all the way through. However, I do recommend these 10/10 to try! Also, since my dad has been the only one going to the food store when my mom and I asked for popcorn he bought just the kernels. Yes, that's right we had to make homemade popcorn. Now I know what you're all thinking. Really? Who's got the time? Well technically, we all do. So, this was actually a really fun experience and if you are bored and hungry it gives you food AND something to do! Really kills two birds with one stone if you ask me. We got the "Orville Redenbacher's" brand and made the biggest batch on the bottle. The recipe for that was:
1/2 cup of kernels
3 T oil
I would also suggest actually reading the instructions and follow them! The popcorn turns out good but definitely needs butter and salt. I recommend this 10/10 too! Enjoy, have fun, and don't set your kitchen on fire! Happy cooking :)
How to Make Stovetop Popcorn | The Pioneer WomanPancakes Recipe - BettyCrocker.com

Comments

  1. I actually had a Spanish project where I baked Magdalenas and after that I saw that making food is pretty fun so I might make the recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These both look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of new cooking skills will come out of this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough