Quarantine Thoughts & Activities - Sila Paniker

Almost every post I've seen is about quarantine but to be honest, there's not much else going on. At least in my life. After the first few weeks, I was over it and wanted to be able to leave the house again. Now I've slowly gotten used to many aspects of quarantine. I want quarantine to be over but I feel like I'm familiar with it now and I've made plans to do things that I may not get around to if this ends soon. But as unfortunate as that'd be, I think I'd be fine if quarantine does end soon because like I said, I'm over it.
I miss having a social life. I think the idea of no freedom is driving me crazy more than the actual concept but at the same time, there's so much I could've done if we could see other people and go places. However, I've been trying to make the best of my time at home. While I spend many days procrastinating on my work and spending way too much time on my phone, I have gotten around to doing some things that have made quarantine slightly better.
1. Decorating my room
I've been meaning to switch up my room for awhile and now I've had the time. It's been a slow process and I haven't done anything major but I started by using my amazon gift card from Christmas. My packages came in the mail a few days later and after they'd sat in the garage for a week (to get rid of any possible corona germs), I took down my old decor and put the new stuff up. I'm not done with it but I don't know if I'll ever be since I get new ideas everyday.
2. Painting
As soon as I heard we'd be out of school for 2 weeks, I went to the store and bought some paint and canvas. It's been way longer than 2 weeks and I'm so glad I bought supplies because painting has been very relaxing though I'm not very good at it.
3. Dance Parties
My sister and I have been spending a lot more time together and we've had multiple dance parties, some with Just Dance and others simply jumping around in the dark.
4. Family Activities
My family has been coming up with things to do such as an ongoing puzzle, family movies every now and then, and a presentation night where we each make presentations on topics of our choice. We also went on walks on trails until they closed the parks but we'll probably start up again since the parks are opening.
5. Talking to Friends
I've had multiple group facetimes, zoom calls, and google hangouts with my friends throughout the weeks. They're always really fun and quarantine has given me the time to catch up with people I haven't had time to call. Also, all the branched of my extended family have been arranging zoom calls and it's nice to see everyone catching up and being able to find a time to meet since everyone has different, busy schedules.
6. Honorable Mentions
I finally tuned my guitar and it was a lot easier than I thought it'd be. I don't know how to play and I was going to teach myself but since it's missing a string (from past tuning attempts), I think that'll be hard but I might try anyway. I've spent some time baking with my mom and it's been fun. I've also had lots of time to practice driving and going on the road is less stressful since there's way less cars.
While there's many cons to quarantine, I wanted to focus on the pros because as annoying as it's been, quarantine has provided us with the time for things we've been putting off. It's been nice spending time with family and discovering new hobbies. I feel like school could be overwhelming if we go back this year but if we can do it safely, without spreading the virus, I think it'd be worth it just to see my friends again.
One of our family walks

Comments

  1. It has been nice to take time to do things we normally can't do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough