The Positive Side of Quarantine By: Olivia Ekeland

I can sit down and list all the negative things about quarantine (like I am almost 16 and the DMV's are not open yet), but being my optimistic self, I would much rather prefer to list all the good things the coronavirus has brought.
1. More quality time with family
Before quarantine, my family and I were too busy with sports that we weren't able to spend a lot of family time together. Now, I feel like I have really connected with them (especially with my sister).
2. Having more time to binge-watch Netflix shows (do I need to say more)
3. More time for school work
Because of this little blessing in disguise, I am able to take my time and hand in work that I am proud of
4. Hanging out with friends now is more meaningful than it was before
I took seeing my friends in school for granted. I miss seeing them every day, so that's why whenever I have the opportunity to hang out with them, I always try to make the most out of it.
5. Finding new hobbies/passions
For example, I started making friendship bracelets (yes, I know I sound like a VSCO girl) because they take my mind off of stressful things like school and food (don't ask). I wrote letters to my friends (which I still need to mail) because I feel like getting a handwritten note is more sincere than a long text.
6. We are living history
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's so cool that we will probably get our own chapter in a future history textbook.
Like most of you, I cannot wait for the day until quarantine is over, but while we are still in it, let's just try to make the most of it.


Outer Banks | Netflix Official Site This is one of my favorite shows on Netflix

Comments

  1. It's always a good idea to focus on the positive if we can!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough