Fall Sports - Lauren Ambrosino

I, as well as a lot of other students, play sports in the fall or look forward to attending the games. Except, the possibility of them happening this season is not looking that good. For football, since it is such a high contact sport it's pretty unlikely it will happen. As of right now, Governor Murphy is allowing for non contact outdoor sports to resume in the summer for the fall sports. This means that volleyball is also unlikely because it's an indoor sport. This is not only going to effect the players, but also everyone who goes to the games. Football is the most popular sport to attend games for at our school and without the season it would definitely be really sad. Also, the seniors once again would lose their last season. The fall sport that has the most potential for being played is Tennis because it is outdoor and there is usually no contact required. I might have to switch sports for a year!
For me personally, I was really upset not having a softball season because it was first spring season without it in 8 years. Having to take another break from a sport I love would be even worse. Sports are a main source of friends, entertainment, exercise and more for a lot of students that is going to be missed while they are continued to be cancelled. But, of course it is for the safety of everyone and their families to help the spread of Covid. My main concern is if only non contact outdoor sports can be played, what it school going to look like? The hallways get so crowded and the classrooms all hold a lot of students, I can't imagine it completely following the guidelines of social distancing. Will online school continue into fall or will there be other strategies? I heard a rumor of of one idea that consisted of having two groups of students so one group went in the morning and the other group went in the afternoon and we would have to wear masks. That would really suck if I wasn't with my friends or if I had the morning one because I like to sleep in.
Fall Sports Schedules - Greenport Union Free School DistrictClearly the world is adjusting to these new circumstances and who knows how long it will be until things go back to normal, if they ever do. But, we can still hope and continue to follow the rules so things change sooner!

Comments

  1. I think the news lately has been promising for sports to come back this fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough