Quarantined Birthdays-Jolie Dottinger

As the months have been slugging by in this quarantine I have decided to document and recognize the uniqueness of the way the world has been celebrating birthdays. From being limited and restricted to no parties our world has found such a remarkable way to show our friends and family some love on their special day. I am thankful enough to say that I have even been able to participate in one of these events: 

A Birthday Drive-By!

As simple as it sounds, these only minute celebrations have formed into our new normal. One of my friends, Hannah Ramos, had a birthday on May 27th. I was SO upset that I wouldn't be able to celebrate her day like I normally would any other year. However, a bunch of her other really good friends and I all lined up on a street next to hers and then drove to her house. We all had a little gift to bring her (I brought Munchkins)! Once we got in front of her house we all beeped and continued to make it obvious to her to come outside (it was a surprise). I do feel bad for her neighbors though... 

Anyway, she came out and one by one we all handed our gifts to her and told her happy birthday and we loved her. Even though it only lasted again like I said, a minute this little drive-by made her day even better! I am so happy I got to participate in making her birthday as great as possible while she was stuck at home and this was an event that I will never forget:) 
Drive-by birthdays: Calgarians celebrate kids' special days with ...


Comments

  1. I think she'll remember that forever and even though it wasn't the same, you showed her how loved she is and that's what matters! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough