Escaping the Extraordinary Part 2- Jolie Dottinger

*If you haven't read part 1:
https://talesoftenthgrade.blogspot.com/2019/11/escaping-extraordinary-sila-paniker.html
https://talesoftenthgrade.blogspot.com/2019/11/escaping-extraordinary-jolie-dottinger.html

I couldn't believe the words that were brought to my ears. Stunned in shock, all that I could do was just stare into Steph's eyes with excitement. "Okay, here's the plan but you got to listen closely, it's a little confusing," I whispered while still standing in the dark, empty hallway. She looked side to side anxiously but then nodded for me to continue. "Long ago when I first passed, as any normal person's would, my soul attempted to lift out of the hospital and into Heaven. However, this evil man, Kevin, blocked mine from leaving. That's why I'm stuck here," I continued. Slowly and cautiously I pulled out my silver heart empty locket. "This here is what stopped my soul from leaving this place. Right as I was about to leave the hospital, he grabbed my locket and forced the gemstone out of it. He took it and vanished into thin air-"
"Woah, woah, woah-why would he not want your soul to leave the hospital?" Steph curiously replied, raging with thousands of other questions floating in her head.
"He wanted revenge on my family for the death of his daughter in the crash. He hasn't been here since his daughter died but I thought I saw him the other day. Just thought I'd warn you. Now, any questions?" Steph just kind of stood there, motionless and trembling. It was obvious this whole twisted story was filling up most of her headspace.
She stuttered, "Nnoo I don't think so, but if you need this gemstone to leave the hospital, how do you know where this evil-Kevin put it?"
"Well the only place he could've put it where I couldn't access it is the kitchen. The kitchen is filled with basil which is like a ghost repellent so there's no way for me to get it in there or at least remove the basil. That's why I need a human, like yourself, who can get past the barrier and grab the gemstone for me without being seen so I can get out of this dump. Are you in or not?"
"Yes, I'm in. Anything to help a friend," she grinned slowly.
I smiled back and then asked, "Are you ready?"
"Ready!" Steph eagerly whispered.
We crept along until the end of the hallway where there were two staircases. We took the left and continued down until we reached the basement floor, where the kitchen was. I didn't have to worry because I was invisible, obviously, but Steph was staying out of sight so one one suspected anything. We reached the kitchen doors where Steph took a deep breath.
"You got this, Steph. Just go into the kitchen, find the spices cabinet where the basil is, and reach behind that jar and the gemstone should be right there. It should be easy, the chefs are on break eating lunch right now. I'll wait right here, just holler out if you need anything. Hurry!"
She quickly yet carefully headed into the kitchen and her head slipped from view in the kitchen window. I could feel the cold sweat beating down from my forehead. I started pacing back and forth in front of the dull and rusty doors as my thoughts were disturbed.
"Whatcha doin there, Elena?" Kevin snickered.
"What do you want Kevin?" I demanded.
"Oh nothing, just thought I would take a stroll, who knew I would bump into your stuck soul?"
"Very funny Kevin, but your whole little game is about to end right here right now," I stuck up for myseld.
"What do you mean-" Kevin was cut off from clanging pots and appliances coming from the kitchen. Soon enough he realized what was happening and raced for the kitchen as Steph was coming out with the gemstone.
"Steph! Watch out Kevin is coming! Run!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. However, it was too late. Kevin already had a hold of her and was dragging her out of the basement.
"Nice try E," He smirked. But I wasn't giving up. Steph needs me right now as much as I needed her so it's time to return the favor. I chased after them up until we reached the front doors leading to the outside. "Where do you think you're going there E?" Kevin continued yet to his surprise a security guard ushered him out assuming he was kidnapping Steph. "I WILL get you Elena! I WILL get you!" He called out continuously until his voice eventually faded out.
I turned to Steph. "Stephanie, I don't know how I will ever repay you. You saved my life and helped me get out of here."
"Elena, I wanted to help. Seeing how upset you were, but to how free you are now is rewarding enough."
"Okay, well I guess I'll be on my way. Got nothing to lose now. Goodbye Steph, enjoy life, it goes very quickly. Maybe I'll see you again one day." I reached into my pocket and pulled out the glistening gemstone in the sunlight that Steph had handed to me. I hugged her tight as a last thanks for everything she did for me. I slowly placed it into my locket, and as my soul was departing my body and up into the sky, I waved one last goodbye.
"Bye Elena! See you soon," Steph smiled and waved back at me.
Image result for empty hallway
*Read Sila's blog for Stephanie's perspective (part 2):

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Fate, Just a Coincidence - Sila Paniker

Grace vs. the Tortoise - by Grace McDonough

Goodbye 2010s - Grace McDonough